Thursday, August 4, 2011

Vintage Lace Top

My Mothers Partners Mother......got it.....Marion is a real sweetie. Ive kind of adopted her as my Grandmother (because I have none living) and she is great at all crafts, knitting, crochet, painting, sewing,needlework..the list goes on.

Any way, she recently gave me a bag of beautiful vintage lace.

6 different kinds, and I had just the project in mind.



I have seen this on the net...but alas cant find where now!!

So I shall say that this is not my original idea...until I find the source.

Im going to sew the lace in strips along a white top for Me.

I think the preliminary layout looks alright. Will move then around to find the best placement and sew with a zig zag to allow for some stretch.

Also, for a bit of colour, I have seen lots of crafts on the net using paint chips.

A quick trip th the local Hardware store (pretending to buy something).

And I came home with these.

Not sure what to make yet!

Maybe use them with the Butterfly punch to make gift cards at the least.

Still thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment