Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Thrifted skirt

Miss E proudly "modelling" her new doily top.

I was a recipient of a random act of kindness today.
Popped over to K-mart.... I know always in the cheap shops!!
On our way out a lady stopped me and asked if Miss E would like to go on the Merry-go-round with her daughter. She said, "It seems such a waste if only one child enjoys it."
I thanked her and of course who wouldnt like a free ride on the Merry-go-round!
So round they went and she said she loved the doily top and did I make it?
The ride stopped and we spent the next few minutes chatting about sewing and fabric. I bet she is off to the Op-shop to buy some doilys, or ringing her Mother or Grandma to see if they have any they dont want anymore.
Love it when you accidently meet someone with similar interests.
Now, this skirt I thrifted last winter, in hope of cutting it down and making a skirt for one of my girls. It is navy Corduroy, with a lovely ribbon detail on the hem.


Had a few minutes spare today,

so chopped it up,

cut out the seams,

overlocked the sideseams,

sewed the casing for the elastic,

threaded the elastic.

And in about 37 minutes have 2 new skirts for my girls.

Excuse the skirt over jeans look!

No comments:

Post a Comment