Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Lemon Crumble Cake

Ive made this Lemon crumble cake quite often. I got the recipe from an old Womans Weekly in the Dr surgery.



Unfortunately, no one popping over for afternoon tea today...so I had a coffee and slice of cake by myself.






Lemon Crumble Cake
Cake

125g soft butter
2 tbs grated lemon rind
3/4 cup castor sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup plain flour
1/2 cup SR flour
1/4 cup milk

Crumble
2 tbs sugar
2 tbs plain flour
30g butter
2 tbs lemon rind
2 tbs flaked almonds

Oven 160C. Loaf pan.
Beat butter, rind and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs.
Stir in flours and milk.
Spread into pan.
Add crumble to top.
Bake 1 hour.

Playing along at This Chick Cooks.


3 comments:

  1. Shame I didn't know I was at Dan Murphy's this afternoon, I would of dropped in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, that would have been nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, i love lemon recipes! Now following you and also inviting you to share your recipes over on my weekend foodie blog hops where i feature 8 bloggers each week! Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete