Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Tea Soaked Prunes

Im not shy to admit it... I love prunes!
I used to make these prunes as part of an antipasto plate, in a former life when I used to own a Restaurant. ( I was not the chef.)
The customers raved about them, and I still do.

Make some, have them for breakfast with some vanilla yoghurt or on your muslie.

You'll thank me for the rest of the day!!!

Tea Soaked Prunes


1 packet of prunes (pitted or whole, your choice)

rind of one lemon

1 tsp raw sugar

2 tea bags (your normal brew will be fine)



Put all the ingredients into a container with a lid.

Just cover the prunes with boiling water.

Let tea infuse for a few minutes.

Remove tea bags.

Give it a stir.

Put lid on and pop into the fridge to use for tomorrows breakfast.

The syrup will become deliciously thicker in a few days.

But feel free to try them straight away.



Let me know what you think.



Playing along with Lady behind the curtain, and This chick cooks.

5 comments:

  1. You owned a restuarant? You learn something new every day. Whereabouts was the restuarant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My good friend from France once clued me in that Europeans have much more respect for prunes than we do in this country. I love them too, they're so deep complex and sweet. This sounds like a terrific recipe. Can the sugar be optional?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not convinced! I will just have to take your word for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debra,yes the sugar could be left out and would not make much difference.

    ReplyDelete