Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Poncho and pasta

Now theres an unlikely combination for you.
Made this Poncho for Miss E to wear to Kindy next term.
Pattern from "Making childrens clothes" by Emma Hardy, same book I used for the Peasant top last week. Really easy and quick to sew. I used a cream polar fleece I had in the stash and a pink cotton for the lining.

I dont know about your kids, but mine never want to wear jackets, and get hot quickly when running around. So I thought the Poncho would let the required air in but also keep thier chests warm ( I sound like a Nanna)


This was Dinner last night. Not a styled photo, just how it was in the bowl!!


But it does taste yummy, and everyone here loves it....which is always a bonus!!



Spaghetti Carbonara
From Super food ideas Magazine



2 tsp olive oil

200g mild panchetta sliced
3 garlic cloves

2 egg yolks

2eggs

1/2 cup thickened cream

75g parmesan cheese grated

Spaghetti


Put enough spaghetti for your family into a pot of boiling water.

Heat oil in a frypan, add panchetta and garlic.

Fry stirring until panchetta is crisp.

Drain on paper towel.

Whisk together eggs, egg yolks, cream and most of the parmesan in a bowl. Season with pepper.

When pasta is cooked, drain, remove from the heat.

Add egg mixture and panchetta, toss until well combined.

Serve straight away with a sprinkle of extra parmesan and salad.



3 comments:

  1. I love the poncho! The pasta looks great too... why is it you are not the size of a house with all your yummy cooking??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poncho! My kids dislike wearing coats too so this is a great idea. Hope you are enjoying your holidays. XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You for sharing your recipe with me at Cast Party Wednesday. I would love to see more of your recipes tomorrow!
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete